Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest
Prejudging will take place throughout the weekend, on Saturday TBD and on Sunday TBD in Cosplay Kingdom, on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. Come early to make sure you get your costume judged! All costumes submitted must be prejudged in order to participate in the craftsmanship contest.
Each contestant that places, will receive a certificate marking their accomplishment, as well as a special prize.
The contestant(s) winning “Best In Show” will receive a certificate, a trophy, and a special prize.
Please email any questions to: [email protected]
Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Rules
The Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest is broken into a two categories, and two age groups.
The age groups are for the person that created the costume, regardless of the model.
Kid costumes must be no less than 50% made by the contestant to qualify.
Teen/ Adult made costumes must be no less than 75% made by the contestant to qualify.
Costumes that have previously won an award and professional cosplayers are ineligible to win the Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest, but MAY participate in the Cosplay Showcase.
- Pre-Judging will be held on Saturday TBD and on Sunday TBD in Cosplay Kingdom
- No real weapons.
- HAVE FUN!
Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Categories
- Kid primarily sewn: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Kid primarily built: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Teen/Adult (13+) primarily sewn: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Teen/Adult (13+) primarily built 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- Best in Show Kid – Can be from any category
- Best in Show Teen/Adult – Can be from any category
Let the world see the hero (or villain) you are on the inside, bursting through for this special occasion at the NCComicon COSPLAY SHOWCASE Sunday afternoon TBD, strut your stuff on stage with the best of them. Whether you made your own costume from scratch, thrifted it together, or bought it from a pro, show off your look and be proud in your second skin!
All those who wish to participate may! The line up will begin TBD in Cosplay Kingdom!
The contestant(s) winning the Showcase in their category will receive a super nifty certificate!
The Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Winners and Showcase Winner(s) will be named at the end of the Showcase!
Please read this entire policy before attending NC Comicon: Bull City. Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund.
At the discretion of Security onsite, the following may be allowed:
- Plastic and Metal Shields
- Lightweight Plastic/PVC Props/Light Sabers
- Toy guns as long as they do not look like real ones, cannot function or shoot projectiles and have an orange tip on the barrel. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips made of foam or cardboard.
If any of the above items are deemed unsafe by NCC Security, they will not be allowed inside the building. They will only be allowed as long as they are deemed safe and will not cause harm onsite.
If you’re bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause bodily harm, we’re going to take issue. The following items are forbidden at NCC: Bull City:
- Functional firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass, PVC, wood and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
- Aerosol canisters
- Selfie sticks
- Dink Donk Spikes
NC Comicon is dedicated to providing a safe, harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of panels or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
The event organizers reserve the right to sanction or expel participants violating these rules. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the conference staff immediately. NC Comicon staff will be happy to help contact venue security or law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the convention.