FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Who is NCComicon?
- NCComicon was founded in 2010 by comics retailer and entrepreneur Alan Gill and comic book and film creator Tommy Lee Edwards with the mission of bringing the ultimate celebration of comics and pop-culture to the Triangle. Eight years on, NCC has expanded to two shows and become one of the most prestigious cons in the country, drawing fans and aspiring creators from around the world and regularly featuring all-star creators and guests.
What is NCComicon Bull City?
- NCComicon: Bull City is Durham, North Carolina’s Premier Comicon and it’s coming to the Durham Convention Center 9th, 10th, and 11th, 2018! We’re better, badder, bigger, and can’t wait to show off.
- New exhibits. New panels. New workshops. New all-encompassing comic book pop culture overload experience! And of course we once again welcome the finest vendors in comic books, toys, and collectibles as well as a plethora of phenomenal comic book creators from the triangle area and around the world. All of this plus our massive fan-favorite Cosplay Contest.
When is NCComicon Bull City?
- November 9th, 10th, and 11th 2018.
- Show Hours
Where is NCComicon Bull City?
- The Durham Convention Center is located at 301 W Morgan St, Durham, NC 27701.
- Show Details/Parking
Where Do I Get Tickets?
- Show admission tickets are available HERE.
- Tickets will be available for sale at the door all three days of the show.
- Children under the age of 9 are admitted FREE with accompanying adult ticket purchase.
- Pricing is subject to change.
Where Can I stay?
Is There Food at the Show?
- Yes. We will have Food Trucks on location all three days of the show and local restaurants are only a few minutes walk away as well.
How Much are Autographs?
- Creator autographs tend to range any where from free or a nominal fee. Info and pricing is available at each creator’s table.
- Special Guests tend to charge for autographs any where in the $20 to $50 range, with some celebrity level guests charging a bit more.
- All Creator/Special Guest autograph prices will be listed on the Guests page as they are made available.
Where Can I find Details on Special Guests?
- Details will be provided as we announce guests.
- Guest information is located on our guest page as it becomes available.
Can I Take a Picture With a Guest?
- Creators/guests may allow for a free selfie/photo/etc.
- Some creators/guests will allow for a free selfie/photo with purchase of autograph.
- Some creators/guests will have a nominal fee structure for selfies/photos/recordings/etc. These will be noted on the Guests page and at their tables.
- The NC Comicon is dedicated to serving all of its attendees and has established the Hearing Impaired and Accessibility Services team to offer a helping hand to our guests with special needs. These services include:
- An American Sign Language Interpreter for the deaf at key panels (please visit the NCC Info booth for availability or visit our ASL Page HERE).
- Limited number of wheelchair accessible panel seating spots. Please arrive 15-20 minutes early for special seating options. Panel rooms fill up quickly, and all seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so special seating may not be available at last minute. Please read your NCC program guide and plan your day accordingly, keeping in mind the popularity of our events!
- A limited number of American Sign Language interpreters at request (please visit the NCC Info booth in advance to check on availability or visit our ASL Page HERE).
- Handicap accessibility to all portions of the show. Please enter the convention center using the Marriott front entrance, and then visit the NCC info booth to receive information on all accessibility.
- The NCC is here to make sure that everyone has the best and most fun comicon experience possible, so let us know anything we can do to help!
Where Can I Find Out About Cosplay and the Cosplay Contest/Showcase?
- Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest Pre-Judging will be held on Saturday 10:00am to 12:00pm and then from 1:00pm to 6:00pm and on Sunday 11:00am to 1:00pm in Cosplay Kingdom.
- Cosplay Showcase will be held on Sunday at 4pm, with lineup starting at 3:30pm in Fletcher Hall.
- Additional Cosplay Craftsmanship Contest and Cosplay Showcase details can be found HERE.
Where Can I Find Out About Exhibitor Tables for This and Other NCComicon Shows?
- NC Comicon: Bull City Nov 9-11, 2018 – NCC: Bull City 2018 currently sold-out.
- NC Comicon: Oak City March 16-18, 2019 – NCC: Oak City is our flagship Raleigh, North Carolina Comic Con. This year we offer a third day, our Friday Preview, open 1pm-7pm. We strive to provide an all-inclusive, incredibly fun, and seamless convention experience for our artists, guests, creators, vendors, and attendees. 2019 Tables for artist alley, handcrafters, and vendors are now open.
- Greensboro Comicon Jan 2019 – The GBCC is currently sold-out. To be put on the waiting list please email [email protected]
Am I Allowed to Film and/or Record Panels/Workshops?
Recording panels or workshops at NCC is expressly forbidden. While photography is allowed, attendees agree not to make any recordings of any kind at designated activities without the express written permission of NC Comicon. We reserve the right to remove any person from the facilities caught doing so without express written permission of NC Comicon.
The NC Comicon attracts local, national and international press, and by purchasing an NCC ticket and in consideration for being admitted to the Event, the holder consents to being recorded (by audio, visual and/or other means) for exhibition & exploitation, and permits NC Comicon and its designees to use and authorize the use of his/her name, voice, likeness and all reproductions thereof by any means all of which in all media now known or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity. While photography is allowed, the holder agrees not to make any recordings of any kind at designated activities without the express written permission of NC Comicon. We reserve the right to deny entry or remove from the event facilities any person who in our sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which we reasonably consider to be disruptive of the event.
Where Can I Obtain Media/Press Requirements and Information?
- All media related questions, press badge applications, and information can be obtained HERE.
General Information and Questions
- Additional requests for information can be made HERE.