2016 NCC SHOWCASE CONTEST
This year NC Comicon is transforming the Durham Armory into the first-ever
A one-stop costuming empire that will be host to a weekend full of panels, workshops, photoshoots, and contests
PLUS a Cosplay Hospital and info desk staffed by cosplay experts to help you look your best all show long!
NEW INFO COMING EVERY WEEK! CHECK BACK FOR TIMES AND SCHEDULE!
SHOWCASE CONTEST – SUNDAY, 5-6pm
You work hard all year on your costumes, so why not show them off? Regardless of experience or skill level, everyone is invited to enter their cosplay in the Showcase Contest for a chance to win thousands of dollars of amazing comic book prizes!
PANELS and WORKSHOPS – DAILY
Ask questions, share tips, and learn from the best at exclusive panels and workshops all about the art of costuming and the lives of cosplayers.
PHOTOSHOOTS – DAILY
Show off your amazing cosplay and posing skills at official NCC photoshoots! With new themes every hour throughout the show, including official DC and YOUNG ANIMAL shoots, there’s something for everyone and every character. We’ll provide the photographer, you just bring your best pose.
COSPLAY HOSPITAL – DAILY
Everyone has a costume emergency sometime. Bring yours to the Cosplay Hospital and let the Chief of Surgery Elizabeth Caddy give you a check-up and quick fix! Fellow cosplayers and costuming wizards will be on hand with all the supplies you need to patch up your costume and get back on the show floor. Sponsored by GearAid!
MINI SHOWCASE – FRI-SAT
Strut your stuff and get valuable tips and tricks from moderators and judges!
INFO DESK – DAILY
Get information and help on everything from events times to your own costume from experts and fellow cosplayers as well as advice on entering the Cosplay Showcase Contest!
Use common sense and remember what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else. All attendees must adhere to North Carolina Law at all times during the weekend of NC Comicon, including laws regarding firearms and weapons. If it is illegal outside of the convention, it is illegal inside the convention.
Please read this entire policy before attending the NCC. Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE FOR WEAPONS.
The following items are NOT ALLOWED at NC Comicon:
* NO Live firearms: This includes modern guns, hunting guns, historic guns, air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns – either functioning or de-commissioned.
* NO CONCEALED FIREARMS EVEN IF YOU HAVE A PERMIT.
* NO Realistic replica firearms: This includes reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms – either metal, solid resin/plastic/rubber.
* NO Functional projectile weapons: This includes blow guns, functioning crossbows, functioning long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns. No props or weapons capable of firing any projectile or powder charge of any kind.
* NO Sharpened metal-bladed weapons: This includes axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades.
* NO Dull metal-bladed weapons: This includes replica swords, replica knives, and other dull metal objects.
* NO Explosives: This includes firecrackers and fireworks.
* NO Chemical weapons: This includes mace and pepper spray.
* NO Blunt weapons: This includes brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku.
* NO Hard prop weapons: This includes props made of metal, fiberglass and glass. LIGHTSABERS ARE OK.
* NO laser pointers. If you have a laser pointer in your prop or weapon, make sure it cannot function by either removing the batteries, or simply not bringing it.
* NO Items that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns.
* NO Whips.
* NO Aerosol canisters.
* NO Tasers