ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO VOLUNTEER
Henchmen are the Green Lantern Corps of the NC Comicon. We aim to provide an incredibly fun, incredibly safe environment for all our attendees, and Henchmen are a huge part of making sure that everyone is having a great and safe experience! Feast your eyeballs on our policies that you’ll both be adhering to and enforcing!
• We ask that all volunteers work two 4 hour shifts before, during or after the event.
• We prefer all volunteers work at least 1 Saturday shift. Saturday is our busiest day and we will need all the help we can get, so anyone who is able to work a shift on both Saturday AND either Friday or Sunday will get preference. If you have special scheduling needs, and are only able to work Friday and/or Sunday, please note this on your application.
• All volunteers must wear their Henchmen shirt while in the convention center or while working any pre-con events. Henchman shirts are to be worn during the work shift at all times. They are not to be worn inside the event after your shift ends, but they are yours to keep after the event.
• Volunteers are not permitted to bring minor children with them during their shift, unless there is another person present at the con who can care for the child.
• Floor volunteers are not allowed to carry cameras or take photos while on duty.
• All volunteers should wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Please refrain from wearing torn or dirty clothing or open-toed shoes. Comfortable walking shoes are best, as most volunteers will be doing a lot of standing and/or walking.
• We ask all volunteers to act in the best interest of NC Comicon by respecting attendees, fellow volunteers and staff, as well as promoting a safe and healthy environment. Please familiarize yourself with the Harassment Policy.
• Volunteers must refrain from any deliberate acts that may create a dangerous or unhealthy situation during the show. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages and assaulting, threatening or disregarding the safety of an individual. Anyone who might be under the influence or is exhibiting dangerous or risky behavior will be reported to security immediately.
• Volunteers are not permitted to use their volunteer status to promote or conduct personal business. Anyone caught doing so will be escorted off the premises and have their badge/wristband revoked.
• The Green Room is OFF LIMITS to all volunteers. If you are escorting a celebrity guest to the Green Room, your duties end at the door.
That’s a lot of rules! But they’re very important and absolutely enforced. You can handle that? We knew you could! Now, what kind of help do we need? Responsibilities could include access control, registration, assisting guests, assisting with operations, line control, or other duties not listed here that come up before or during the event. All volunteers should be prepared to tackle any task given to them by NC Comicon Staff, but you will not be asked to do anything that you can’t or don’t want to handle.